Biffy Breeds Tomato Clowns

Thanks! I'm taking off from work early today because I'm excited to meet my new pets! They should be on my doorstep right now!

My clowns have not yet laid their next batch of eggs (the last batch just hatched Monday). I should have ~14 days before the next ones hatch. So I hope that will be enough time to get my rotifers going.

The rotifers arrived. They were STINKY. I'm not sure if they are supposed to smell that bad? I set them up and will post pics later. I have to give them a few days to really start reproducing. I hope these ones work out. Just getting them started is proving to be a challenge.

I thought you were going to have a new batch on Saturday?

So now you're not even telling us, so when you kill them we won't know? :lol: :mrgreen:

The honest to god truth is that I haven't cleaned my glass in about 3 weeks, so I have no idea if there are eggs in there or not!

But I do think that my rotifers are breeding. So I am officially going to start with the next batch of eggs!

I just fell into my rotifer culture. GROSS. I accidentally lost my balance and the phyto bucket was the closet thing to me, so I landed on it, the lid shot off, and my arm went straight into it, armpit deep. Rotifers shot up all over the wall and the floor and everything. Nasty -- these things STINK.

Without any further ado, here are the long awaited pics of the rotifers.

They arrived in a bag.
IMG_3397.jpg

Acclimated them and added them to a bucket with some saltwater.
IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

Added some food (phyto) and an airstone.
IMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

Time to harvest!
IMG_3402.jpg

Yummm, cup (supposedly) full of rotis.
IMG_3403.jpg

Back