Biffy Breeds Tomato Clowns

How do you know if they are in there or not? Can you kinda see them? Have to admit it looks kinda gross.

You can't see them unless you put them under a microscope. You can tell they're in there by how much they eat. They eat phyto, so when there's phyto in the water, the water is green. The more they eat, the more clear/yellow the water turns. So you know you have to add more food when it clears up. I add food about once a day.

No eggs yet. If I remember correctly, they usually lay eggs on Sunday night/Monday morning. I don't know what happened this week!
they probably didnt know that you still cared since they couldn't see you through the glass. They thought you gave up and moved out...

ROFL... I think he may be on to something there Biff. Perhaps a piece offering of some fresh garlic soaked Mysis or something...

If you put the rotifer in a clear container you can see them.

You're right! Here are the rotifers that I harvested tonight. I called NDB to come over and see and he says, "Those? Those are what you've been so excited about? They're just specks!" Yep, those.

IMG_3487.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

That's great Biff, but where are the clown eggs?

:grumble: They did not lay eggs this week, as expected. Maybe they were riled up from the new aquascaping. Who knows. They usually lay eggs every 2nd Monday. I'll be out of state tomorrow, so NDB has instructions to search the tank for clown eggs while I'm gone! Go figure. No sooner that I've got a strong batch of baby clown food going, they decide that they are going to be born-again virgins and be chaste.

Thats what happened to mine too. They are in the process of moving things around again where they like them. That is what they did for months when I first got my Maroon clowns. Five months of them moving anything they could move around the tank. Might be awhile for you if you messed up their den.

Still no eggs on the clown front!!

I have been harvesting my rotifers every other day or so, and target feeding them to my corals after the lights go out. Are they eating them? I have no idea.

Last night I must've accidentally gotten some rotifer water into one of my phytoplankton culture bottles. Less than 24 hours later, it looks like this. Look at that color difference!! I hope the other 3 bottles weren't "infected" as well!

IMG_3536.jpg

:grumble: They did not lay eggs this week, as expected. Maybe they were riled up from the new aquascaping. Who knows. They usually lay eggs every 2nd Monday. I'll be out of state tomorrow, so NDB has instructions to search the tank for clown eggs while I'm gone! Go figure. No sooner that I've got a strong batch of baby clown food going, they decide that they are going to be born-again virgins and be chaste.

Na they just using BC.

Back