Biffy Breeds Tomato Clowns

more like Biffy breast feeds tomato clowns thread.

I doubt it. But if it happens, you guys will surely be the first to know :roll:

Good luck. You're heading for a ton of work. ;)

Yeah, it's a bit intimidating, reading about everything I have to do. But, it doesn't require a very big upfront cash investment, so I figured it's worth a shot. We have the space, and NDB is supportive (for now!!).

How do you get the fry from the DT to the 10gal?

Move the piece of rock they are attached to.

David is correct. The eggs are on a hairy mushroom rock. Luckily, the rock is pretty small. I am supposed to remove the rock the night before they are going to hatch, prop the rock upside down in their "birthing tank" (;)), and place an airline beneath it so air bubbles hit the eggs and keep them moving.

DANG Biff.With that many Ex's,I'd thank that maybe there was REASON for all the ex's :mrgreen:

Yeah none of them were good enough for him!!! ;)

David is correct. The eggs are on a hairy mushroom rock. Luckily, the rock is pretty small. I am supposed to remove the rock the night before they are going to hatch, prop the rock upside down in their "birthing tank" (;)), and place an airline beneath it so air bubbles hit the eggs and keep them moving.

How do you know when they are about to hatch? Sorry, I obviously don't know much about fish breeding. :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry. Every time I look at this thread title I see Biffy Breeds with Tomato Clowns. Maybe it was all the breast talk earlier. :lol:

I'm sorry. Every time I look at this thread title I see Biffy Breeds with Tomato Clowns. Maybe it was all the breast talk earlier. :lol:

Hahaha! Maybe I should change the title?

In on-topic news, I bought a few more things that I needed from Petsmart and Home Depot last night. I should be all set to grow these things!! (Pics to come).

Last night I picked up a couple gang valves for the airlines, a 2.5 gallon tank that will be my "hatching tank", and a 2-foot T5 light for growing the phyto.

The eggs are going to hatch in the 2.5 gallon tank, and after a couple weeks, I'm going to move the fish over to the 10. The babies basically need to be flooded with food 24/7 for the first couple weeks, so keeping them in a smaller tank will make it easier for them to find food, and will allow me to add less food to the tank.

12-27-09.jpg

I honestly don't know. I got the female as one of my first fishes ever, back before I really knew or cared about that stuff (I've probably had her for 5+ years). I think the male is captive bred.

Well the second batch of clown babies hatched last night and are long gone... Before my clown-rearing materials even arrived in the mail!! I don't think the box has even been shipped yet!! Oh well. They should be here in time for the next batch of clown babies!

I need a whole bunch of 2 liter soda bottles to grow their food. NDB and I don't really drink soda, so I asked his and my coworkers to bring bottles in for me. I only got one.

So I was at the store yesterday and figured I'd just have to buy a whole bunch of soda, and that's all we're going to drink for the next week. So I got a bunch of ginger ale and cream soda (that's the kind of soda we like).

Then I got home and unpacked all the groceries and realized I bought probably the only two types of soda that aren't sold in clear bottles!!! DUHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Back to the drawing board for obtaining soda bottles, and now we've got half a dozen 2 liter bottles to drink...with unusable bottles...

Back