Biffy Finally Gets a Build Thread!

Update: the 110 comes with tank, stand, canopy, sump, large Octopus skimmer, and return pump. I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow. *fingers crossed*. I don't need all that extra equipment, but if it's a good price, it certainly doesn't hurt to have two large Octopus skimmers running at the same time :) Plus, I want to plumb my 12 gallon nano into the same system when I get the new tank set up.

All of the above are correct! Rock, sand, algae, and probably nitrates. It's never had an animal in it (besides hitch hikers that may have come in on the rocks... Not that I've been able to see them through the algae on the glass through).

I think you shouldn't touch a thing in it. Do an experiment. Buy a very horny cleanup crew ( 9 giant turbos, 3 emerald crabs, and a sea hare) and see how long it will take to clean it spotless.

I could try that if I did a water change first. God knows, the cleaner crew would probably melt away as soon as they got put in the tank with however high those nitrates have to be.

In other news, the dude wants $800 for the 110 setup. I guess I'll keep looking. Too costly for me right now.

Well, apparently if you let a tank leak go long enough, it will plug itself up with salt creep or something, because it hasn't been leaking for the past month or so. While it was, I figured it was a way of doing hassle-free water changes :)

I'm still looking for a smaller tank, but have found nothing locally so far that is affordable. I'm slowly starting to sell off some of my live rock, at least.

this thread was ridiculous, intense, incredibe, amazing, ....... There are som many words you could use. Its a whole life saga in a short amount of time. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Back