bigger fish for 90 gallon reef tank

reefnoob

Reefing newb
So at the moment I have 2 clownfish, 1 firefish, 1 cardinal fish, and 1 yellow tang. I plan to add more fish in the future, but most of these will be a smaller size (between 1-5 inches). So my question is, what bigger fish could I get that could get along well with a yellow tang?

I have had two over the years and neither were even remotely interested in corals. Both were the one spots. IME, they are a great addition and cool as hell when they go all Rambo with the camouflage.

Foxface would be cool, but reef safe with caution these are the chances we take. I have lost Candy Canes to my Coral Beauty she leaves everything else alone but she really likes the Candy Canes. The problem with a lot of the bigger fish is that many of them like Corals. Other than the Tangs of which your tank would be to small for most as is with mine. Angels, but again tank is to small for the big ones and the Dwarfs are pretty much all Reef safe with caution.

I was wanting to go with a brighter color fish or something. Since the yellow tang is already yellow, I don't really want to get too many big yellow fishies (foxface). Although I would love to have one! I'm also afraid of their sting.

The magnificent foxfaces aren't yellow, and as long as you're careful you don't have to worry too much about getting stung. They're very passive fish. How about a white tail bristletooth tang, they are a crazy awesome red color.

Yeah I would want one of those. But my LFS doesn't carry that type of tang and live aquaria says its out of stock. Are they a relative of the kole tang? Just curious.

I'm not a big fan of wrasses. Probably the only wrasse I'll get is the six line, but that's much farther down the road from now. But I might look more into the cuban hogfish. Thanks for the replies everyone!

Bigger fish like bala shark for 90 gallon tank may be possible. But it is very risky and packed in 90 gallon tank as it is 4 to 5 feet. If 115 gallon is used it will be easy for bala shark to move a little bit.

I'm not a big fan of wrasses. Probably the only wrasse I'll get is the six line, but that's much farther down the road from now. But I might look more into the cuban hogfish. Thanks for the replies everyone!

you need at least a 100 gallon for the cuban hog fish...and it might eat your snails too if you have any...

Back