bio cube lighting

kyle

Reefing newb
what kind of light comes with the bio cube, and what corals will it be able to house?

at my lfs i seen an anemone in one with the standerd lighting is it stong enough to do this?

The Biocube stock hood has "compact florescent" (CP) lights that are not adequate for most corals. I've tried putting Green Star Polyps under the CPs and the corals withered and died. But you have a lot of options. You need Metal Halide (MH) light for most corals. The Sunpod 150 was the best price. The Viper Clip is nice. Nano-tuners.com will rebuild your stock hood with MH but it is pricey and you will get over-heating problems.

If you got the Biocube HQI however you already have a MH clip and you are good to go for corals assuming your chemistry is okay.

I have a 14 gallon BioCube. Sen is right, the strength of the PC lights it comes with is lacking. I don't think an anemone would last long at all in a BioCube, as they are really only suitable for low to moderate light corals. If you are interested in an all-in-one system, there are other brands that have much better lighting.

Some of the manufacturers offer LED and MH upgrades for the lighting. Might be something to check into on their website.

Yeah, just go for the HQI. JBJ has 3 HQI models

One with the light built in the hood. And 2 open top tanks with Viper 70 or 150 watt HQI lights.

I iwsh they had the "BC 29 HQI" when I got into the hobby. I spent a crazy amount of moeny tryin to make my regular "BC 29" do what the Biocube 29 does. The JBJs are good. Dr Foster Smith has some too.

All the specs for light can be found at Dr Foster Smith

ive been lookin for info on these systems and i cant seem to find any ( i mean the standard one)

like how many light do they come with how many watts?
do they come with moon lights, and can u change them with other lights

Check out my AIO (All In One) Tank article. It might help explain a little bit on Biocube/Nanocube aquarium systems. I have RSM, JBJ, and Oceanic systems reviewed on the thread.

https://www.livingreefs.com/aio-tanks-t31682.html

My article also contains the websites where the systems are sold from as well so feel free to check out my sources to find more information.

Good Luck!

dude i just read the thingy under ur name "whats an aquarium" i was laughing soo hard. and will do but not to night. spending time with the gf lol

Back