bio loads in my nano

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
What's the rule for bio-loading? In my 10 gallon nano I currently have a little yellow watchman goby, Oboe. In my 55 gallon horse tank I've got a little clown, Jazz. I really think I should move Jazz outta my horse tank. He is a docile clown and he hangs in one spot and eats flakes and not so many pods so he's a good candidate for a horse tank but really, horses should be on their own. I want to move Jazz to my 10 gallon. Can I put my goby and a small clown in my 10 gallon if I do a water change twice a week? So, what's the rule for shrimp? I've got 2 cleaners that need a home. How do they factor into the equation for bio-loading? I'll probably take one back to the LFS but I think one of them could be in the nano, right? So, in the nano, 1 clown, 1 little yellow goby and 1 cleaner shrimp. Geez, as I'm typing that I know it's too much but I hate to put a fish in all by itself. How about 2 clowns and the shrimp? Teh goby should do ok with the horses he eats pods but my horses all eat frozen mysis so I know they're well-fed. ok, 2 small clowns and one cleaner with 2 water changes a week? I can do more water changes if necessary. ugh, I'm rambling again....sorry.

Thanks,
Catherine

Shrimp don't count toward bioload, so you can put them wherever you want them.

In a 10 gallon tank, try to stick with 1 or 2 fish.

Do you think my little oscellerous clown fish would rather have another oscellerous or a little goby as a tank mate?

Catherine

I'm surprised the people you got your first one from didnt try to sell you a second one with it Oc Clowns like to have company.

Back