Biology Teacher, in need of advice

Equipment and materials! Donations! Really try to write Marine Depot and Drs. Foster and Smith or some other large on line stores. Use school stationary and make sure the school adminisrative staff will vouch for your sincerity and I am sure you will have more than enough materials provided you free for your student marine learning project. Marine Depot is a large West Coast firm (california), and Drs. Foster and Smith is a very large Eastern firm (Wisconsin), and either store would benefit greatly by advertising support of such a project especially if it was accompanied by a photo or two.

Last edited:
Oh, gee, I didn't know that the Georgia aquarium was open yet. Is that the one that is supposed to be the biggest one in the world? My dad was telling me about that. I want to go!

Please let me know!!!

I only put The Dalllas World Aquarium because it's close to my Dallas home and it is private and truly incredible. I meant only to used it as an example; I realize a field trip to Dallas is not feasible for most students.

Oh, gee, I didn't know that the Georgia aquarium was open yet. Is that the one that is supposed to be the biggest one in the world? My dad was telling me about that. I want to go!

Please let me know!!!

I only put The Dalllas World Aquarium because it's close to my Dallas home and it is private and truly incredible. I meant only to used it as an example; I realize a field trip to Dallas is not feasible for most students.

I totally understand! I just appreciate the advice and support!

Starting a marine aquarium would be a very good way to teach people about marine ecosystems or anything like that. I go to a very small campus in WI and I have never even been in the science lab area (im a business major) But i do here there is a saltwater aquarium upstairs in dire need of some TLC. I wanna run up and check it out some time before I leave, but if our little 2 year campus can get a fish tank, I'm sure any one can! Good luck.

Please let me know!!!

the GA aquarium has been open for maybe two and a half three years now. and it is HUGE. one of the best places i have been to in a long time. cant wait til i can get a backstage pass

if u want something that is neat and organized i would get an all in one tank such as an aquapod, nanocube, or biocube. The aquapod comes in 12 and 24 gallons. The 12g has 54 watt lighting and the 24 has 62 watt lighting. They both feature a moon light,day light and antic light. Also has 3 separate switches ( 1 for each light). The nano cube comes in 12, and 24, but features a little bit weaker lighting. The biocube comes in 14, and 29 and features lighting comparable to the nanocube. All three have a built in refuge. The lighting in all 3 is sufficient enought for lps's and soft corals (except the lighting in the biocube 29, aquapod 24, and nanocube 24, u can only grow softies in those). If you want everykind of coral you can get a hqi sunpod light(will cost from 200-300). I have an aquapod 12 and couldent be happier. i got the aquapod for $120 off the internet. Eveything total has cost me about $350. Im planing on adding another $350 for a sunpod hqi and a remora nano skimmer.

Last edited:
So there are a lot of wanna be educators in the area of reefing out here. We all know that are we would not be contributors to these forums. The lady needs assistance in getting equipment, where are the ideas or money for that? Yes I amtactlees, but also yhatmeans I am direct!

So there are a lot of wanna be educators in the area of reefing out here. We all know that or we would not be contributors to these forums. The lady needs assistance in getting equipment, where are the ideas or money for that? Yes I am tactless, but also that means I am direct! Any body know any educational philanthropists?

Welcome to the site. Please browse the forums, articles, etc, and if you do not find what you are looking for, just post your question in one of the main forums and I'm sure you will get lots of response.

Back