Birds nest Coral Bleaching - recovery?

I have a question about my birds nest bleaching. Recently, my heater went crazy and raised my temperature by 3 degrees in my tank. I did not know this was happening until several days after the start. In the mean time, my birds nest coral started to bleach at a rapid rate! This was my queue to check the temperature more closely. Long story short, I have corrected the temperature problem and the bleaching has stopped, as far as I can tell. What should I do now?
  1. Leave it alone because the bleached parts may recover?
  2. Remove the dead parts because they will never recover and hinder the non-bleached area's?
Any input from the community would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMAG0242[1].jpg
    IMAG0242[1].jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 882
It looks like reverse bleaching. The coral dying from low to high is signs of parasites/bacteria or predator eating polyps (crabs). I would cut that section off and redip the other good section imho

OK, so I took the piece int he picture out and cut it up into four pieces, cutting above the bleaches area. The results have been really good. I have have four very healthy looking frags that have very full and green polyps. Thanks for the advice.

OK, so I took the piece int he picture out and cut it up into four pieces, cutting above the bleaches area. The results have been really good. I have have four very healthy looking frags that have very full and green polyps. Thanks for the advice.
:thumbsup:

Back