birdsnest

lilduud

Reefing newb
so i just traded with a guy on my local reef forum. i gave him a frag of my purple stylo for a mini colony of what he called yellow birdnest. anyway here is the coral but a) ive never heard of yellow bn and b) it looks more like purple polyp green bn to me

im waaaayyy more than fine with it if thats the case just wondering what you all think... anyway thanks in advance.

557ff55b.jpg

With any coral in this hobby, there are so many color variations that the names for the most part are made up. It sounds like a great deal though, a mini colony for a frag? And that looks like a really nice BN too!

i know... a whole mini colony for a one inch unmounted frag i totally got hooked up... i was just expecting something different and was pleasantly surprised with something better IMO heh

Looks like green with purple polyp to me. Although, know that it will look different under different lights, and under his lights, it could have been yellow. No matter what it is, it is an awesome deal.

well the under part is yellowish under the halides... ive just always called it the colour of the polyps so i thought it was yellow polyp bn.. i like this better anyway heh

Looks like a florescent green birds nest to me. So much better than the common pink ones. Very nice; you got a great deal. Congrats!

Back