BL1's 75g upgrade

BL1

So, I've finally decided to convert my 75g tank to SW, I've wanted to do this since about the day after I set up my 28g tank. So, here was my tank this morning
DSCN0669.jpg

I spent half the day emptying it out, cleaning and moving it. Tomorrow I'll be painting the back black and picking up my powerheads. Tuesday my stand should be delivered and sometime next weeks I'll be getting about 100 lbs. from Marco Rocks.
I still haven't planned out the whole setup, I'm still trying to make some decisions. I'll post more pics once everything starts coming together.

Not a bad looking freshwater setup Brian!About a day after you setup the 75g,you'll want to upgrade again.It's a vicious cycle!

Good job!

A 75 freshwater tank is a sad tank to waste. :(
Thanks Biff, I agree, I set it up when SW really intimidated me.

Not a bad looking freshwater setup Brian!About a day after you setup the 75g,you'll want to upgrade again.It's a vicious cycle!
Thanks Reef! I'm already thinking about a 125g upgrade I want after I move back to Colorado, it'll never end! :frustrat:

It will probably end when you get a 240 and cant fill it :P then we get a downgrade thread hehe

congratz brian, looking forward to this setup :)

MMMMMmmmm

I think you'd be under lit Brian.
If it had T-5s to,I'd say go for it.But its just 2X 150s.I'd shoot for at least 2 X 250s.

If you kept the more light-demanding corals toward the top you could probably get away with it. But I'm gonna agree with yote that 2 250w bulbs would be a better investment.
That way you can keep anything you want, in terms of lighting at least.

Thanks for voting everyone, and here's the islands that won! I've almost finished filling the tank, and I still have to add my live rock. I'm just trying to get my salinity a little higher it's at 1.023 right now, I wanna wait till it's 1.025 to add my live rock
FTS (disregard the filter, I'm just trying running a polishing filter to get all the debris floating around out of the tank)
DSCN0681.jpg

Close up of cave on the left
DSCN0683.jpg

And the cove on the right
DSCN0685.jpg

Last edited:
The live rock is coming out of my established 28g, should I see a (mini)-cycle? Or should I be good right off the bat?

Back