Black Background

snyderju

Reefing newb
Ideally I'd like to have the tank painted but seeing as how it is already set up and I don't have a large enough area to paint the thing I made a black background out of some fabric from wally world. I took 2 pieces of fabric and sewed them together with a hem (yep I can sew... barely) and then attached some sticky back velcro to the tank and to the background. This allows me to take it off to clean the back of the tank or wash the background and put it up again easily.

Attachments

• Materials.jpg
    Materials.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 426
  • Cutting Edges.jpg
    Cutting Edges.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 324
  • Ironing.jpg
    Ironing.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 316
  • Velcro.jpg
    Velcro.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 336
  • On Tank.jpg
    On Tank.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 634
Sorry about the micro bubbles my hand was in and out of the tank removing equipment so it threw the skimmer off for awhile.

Fabric!!! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks for sharing. I am using your idea :D

Lol you are welcome and go for it. I hate the over priced shiny black paper ones you can buy at pet stores. For my 29 I just got 1 square yard of the most durable fabric I could find that was black. I doubled it up and sewed them together to assure nothing would show through. It wasnt too hard to do either just to FOREVER to sew by hand. You should post some pics of yours :)

Back