Black Coal Tang

DarthOcellaris

Reefing newb
Am I misspellling that? I was looking for a fish like the one in RevReefer's tank, the one with the yellow color around the eyes and mostly black )

If i'm mistaken on that name, someone please correct me. If it's not a hard fish to keep, i'm thinking of getting rid of my two chromis and getting one. Not very fond of the chromis. :(

right now:
2 percs
1 large scopus
1 mandarin
2 blue-green chromis

Thought if I DID get one like yours, I was gonna rid myself of the chromis. Never have really liked these fish too well.

well, after reading that page about the Kole, I would need a slightly bigger tank and/or get rid of my scopus. I don't care for the scopus too much either because im a smaller fish lover. My two kids, however, LOVE the scopus!!!

Hey man, Im assuming this is timothys old tank and his old fish right? the scopas he had was mean as I recall and would probly kill the cole tang anyway, 2nd the scopas was way to big for the tank. it was cool but to big. I would recomend trying to trade a local fish store for a cole tang or whatever your wanting. unless your kids are to attached. but be prepared for the scopas to chase anything you add in the tang family. Good luck

I agree that it's too big. I haven't noticed any aggresivness though. Is anyone here interested in it? If not, I may look around at the LFS's and see if I can find a Kole ;)

Back