Black Worm Like things!!

shaneginer21

Reefing newb
Hey ya'll..
Just want to say merry christmas to everyone right away and thanks for the time to answer my question.. kind of weirded out right now.. anyways, as i start to look closer and closer at my live rock because i've started to notice feather dusters showing up in white tubes.. or i think there feather dusters... i looked at my substrate really close and noticed hundreds if not thousands of little little black worm like thingys crawling all over.. just wondering what these were??? if there good? or if they are bad?? just to give ya an insight of my 46 gallon Bow front tank.. it's 2 months old.. i have.....

1 arrow crab
1 cleaner shrimp
1 yellow tail blue tang
2 clownfish
1 scooter blenny
3 snails
and about 6 blue legged hermit crabs

anyways, it's going really good.. no problems with the levels or anything.. just have some brown algae poppin up sometimes.. other than that i'm lovin it and am enjoying my hobby!!!!!! thank's for takin the time to read and any feedback would be great!!
Thanks, Shane.... :D

Well i did some research and they might be flatworms... they are only about a quarter of an inch long.. some of only a few cm.... sorry i do not have a pic, i'm without a camera for a couple weeks... but if anyone has any info on them or how i can get rid of them or if i need to.. that would be great.. Thanks.
-Shane

If they are flatworms, that's bad... Flatworms are a pest, but luckily aren't too hard to get rid of. Add a sixline wrasse -- it'll eat them. If that doesn't work, then try a product called Flatworm Exit.

Thanks for the reply... actually i've looked on that page.. on several pages and see nothing of the sort... sorry i don't have a pic... that would probably be helpful.. haha.. there so small that you have to be right up to the glass.. they seem to be only in the substrate and not on the glass... really weird... maybe i'll try to get a pic up sometime here... Thanks..

hmm i looked on that website that you gave me and under flatworms.. well all of the worms and nothing looked to much like it... it's definitely not a flatworm.. i guess i was misinformed before... haha.. this is frustrating.. anyways, thanks for the help.. really appreciate it!!! hopefully figure it out before my tank goes berzerk..

I have no clue.But I guess flatworms can come in a lot of different colors.
If it is flatworms,a lot of the smaller wrasses will eat them.You can also cut back on feeding.They expand in numbers when there is more offd,and die off when there is less.

Aloha, Im wondering the same thing lol i also have these black worms in my tank and they are black, 5mm long and as thin a black piece of hair!!! theyre everywhere and they are as thing as the lines you would make as if ur writing with a pencil... what are they? good or bad?

How can i get rid of them? I posted a few pics and its kinda hard to see since they are so tiny and thin... I have a peppermint shrimp in my tank, will he eat them?

Attachments

• IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 798
  • IMG_1491.jpg
    IMG_1491.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_1492.jpg
    IMG_1492.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_1490.jpg
    IMG_1490.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 807
The class of marine worms is so diverse that a pic would serve best because there are so many of them that share similar morphology, but are different species all together. I would start by looking through pictures of nematodes and annelids species, even then its trying to find a needle in hay stack. best of luck

these worms look nothing like the pics of spaghetti worms, spoon worms or eunicid worms!!! we cant be the only 2 in the world with these worm or parasite problem lmao i have a 6.6 gallon tank and only had it cycling for a month and already i got this black worm invasion!!! these worms are 4-5mm long and 1mm in diameter, they are str8 and no bigger than the line you'd make with a pencil on paper lol this is strange to meeh

Back