Blasto melting...

So i came home yesterday and the blasto wasnt open like all the other corals. Lights have been on for about 3 hrs already. Today i came home and it looks even smaller...what happen?!?!?

All the other LPS, SPS are doing great except for this one. Ive had this piece for about 10months now. The only thing ive changed was adding a gfo carbon reactor 2 weeks ago, more snails, emrald, hermits and a goby 1 month ago. All parameters in line. If something was wrong with the water levels i wouls imagine the acros would go first.

Thoughts? Bug or something?

For some reason the picture is not loading. Will try to get it up from my laptop. The whole blasto has shrunk to almost nothing. :frustrat:

here we go...

Attachments

• blasto.jpg
    blasto.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 378
im running 36 CREE LED (2 royal blue : 1 cool white) for almost a year now. i would be shocked if it was to much light. the blasto has been under that light since day one....so strange. i checked it this morning and it has melted even more.

Just out of curiosity, what are your parameters (including temp, alk, mag, calc, etc)? I know your other corals look just fine but this coral might be an early reactor to a larger problem?

You could also try dipping it in something like coral rx and placing it on your sandbed for a few weeks to see if it recovers. Looks to me like its closed up, but if there is tissue left then there is still a chance it will recover.

Back