Bleached Anemone

dankolle

Reefing newb
So I managed to bleach my anemone a few months ago. I have been feeding him every / everyother day and he was only taking a few brine shrimp at a time. He recently started eating a lot larger chunks of squid and doing this with his body once he is done.

My question is, is this normal for him to swell so much when eating and two am I wasting my time or can I save this poor guys life?

1026001415.jpg

what kinda nem is it? and also the sweeling during feeding can be normal depending on the type... some shrivel up and close completely and other push their arms out... also do his tentacles ever come out?

His tenticals are almost non existant and when he is done blowing up his mouth comes inside out. The food isn't spit out he eats it but he is only the size of a 1/2 roll of quarters

i think you may be over feeding him... i only fed my nems once a week. eating is a task for them... trying going a day or two without feeding and seeing what he does. if hes eating though i dont see why hed die. and the stomach/mouth pushy out thing is pretty normal mine did that allll the time

I didn't feed him this weekend and when I came in his foot was shrunk to half the size it was in the photo above. I have found a few articles online that say I have to feed him lots or he will die because it doesn't have the bacteria to do photosynthesis

oh hmm.. then carry on if you like. ive never bleached a nem so im not an expert on the topic...i ended up giving mine away though :( what kind is he though?

haha ok then so its not an issue of lighting.... i really dont know then my friend im sorry. ive never seen a nem look like that so if its been that way a long time with little or no progress it may be too far gone ;(

Your doing it right.Its normal for anemone to suck in after a big meal.I've also seen them turn almost inside out.
The chunks of squid may be just a tad bit big,but you can cut em into smaller pieces if needed.

He ate yesterday again, I accidentially thawed the food in fresh water so it floats to the surface quickly so I couldn't feed him as large of chunks. But he is really small today and his mouth is open. He was the size of 1/2 a roll of quarters before. He is now the size of maybe 1/5 a roll of dimes.

1028001026.jpg

While I dont think it was anything you did.Its not looking good for that anemone,at least not from looking at that pic.

Thats what I am worried about...I have been doing alot of reading and it seems they release a lot of toxic stuff when they die but I am having a hard time just giving up too....

I can't give up on my anemone! He is still eating but very small...still about 1/4 roll of dimes. But he did move himself up about 4" on the rock and is regaining some very slight color. This pic is him eating a tentical of squid I chopped for him. Took about 35 minutes but he ate the whole thing no problem.

1101000947.jpg

Back