Bleaching Coraline

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
Lately I noticed that my coraline was fading, but now it is completely bleaching in some areas. The only thing different is I have been dose Ms. Wages pickling lime. About a teaspoon per gallon per day. All of my SPS and LPS corals are doing fine.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Coralline tends to do that sometimes.I have no idea why.
Mine will grow good,then bleach out,the grow again.

Exactly what Yote said.....I don't understand it myself.It grows,then turns white then comes right back again.My calcium,akalinity,pH has been consistent all along.I'm starting to think it's part of its life cycle.

Is it turning white in areas where the tank goes dry during water changes? I have a thick band of white coralline along the top of my tank, followed by purple beneath from where the coralline was exposed to air for just a few minutes during water changes.

Is it turning white in areas where the tank goes dry during water changes? I have a thick band of white coralline along the top of my tank, followed by purple beneath from where the coralline was exposed to air for just a few minutes during water changes.

Nope, my water level never reaches the rocks.

I had the same thing some orange coraline started growing crazy out of no place then turned white and now it is comming back again

I had green Coraline algae. I put it up near the light and it bleached white. There is a relationship between the spectrum of light and the color of Coraline algae.

Back