Bleaching Guttatus

jahel318

Reefing newb
There is a branch on my orange Guttatus that has turned white. What could this be? What can I do to help correct the problem?

OK ladies and gents......No one has answered this question so I talked to my buddy who has been doing corals for over 30 yrs. The possibilities are Stress, water temp. and lighting too strong when trying to acclimate a new specimen. I did some water testing and found that the only param out of wack was my SG (too low 1.020). For this type of coral you need 1.0213-1.025.

I did place them on the sand bed to begin with 30 inches below my reef led's. I have slowly raised my SG to 1.024 with water changes and I also cutt off the bleached branches followed by another coral dip last night. I had done a dip prior to introducing the coral into my DT 1 week ago but I figured another dip couldn't hurt. I will check on the corals when I get home and keep you posted. Hopefully I've solved the problem as it would be such a shame to lose such a beautiful piece of the ocean......I'll cross my fingers!

Sounds like you did it right. Slowly bringing the sg up from what it was. Pretty sure these guys like Good flow and lighting. But you should always acclimate up to that.
Basically. All of which you probably know now! ;)

Back