(Bleeped) off clown

55king

moonjelly
i started moveing stuff in my tank and now my clown is Bleeped) off he hits me every time i go in to the tank and he is knocking off my frags i guess i got to put him in with my snow flake ell and niger trigger and fox face that sucks i've never had a problom with him doing this in the past he's been at it for two week's now i hope the other fish don't kill him but thats the prise he is gonna have to pay

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it doesnt see your hand enough mine did that for a brief moment, now she comes up to my hand swims around and between it and allows me to pet her, as long as I dont put another female maroon in there with her shes good :D what breed do you have?

I have an Ocellaris Clownfish and I had no idea these fish can be mean. Untill one day my husband and I were cleaning off the algae off the live rock the clown fish started attacking the brush. My husband made our clown fish so mad that he bit my husband. At first he would bump him and then he would bite him. Now, any time we put our hands into the aquarium where the clown built his home in the sand under a piece of live rock, the clown will bite us. I got fed up with that clown biting me that from now on I catch him with the fish net and keep him there untill I'm done with what ever I am doing with the tank. It actually hurts when he bites, he doesn't shed blood it just feels like some one is pinching you really hard. For crying out loud, I scuba dive with lemon and tiger sharks and I am actually afraid of my little clown biting me..lmao.. I love him but he is a little meany.

Thats pretty cool, thanks for sharing, yes some of them can have anger issues I have not had one however I have heard and read about them being mean.

yes clowns are very territorial..i have a tomato that does the same..everitime i put my hand in the water it attacks me..its also a way to know that they are healty..sick clowns gets slow and doesnt care about its enviroment..sometimes rearranging the landscape helps them cool off... good look

The are damsels after all - mean ol' fish. I have a maroon at the work tank I care for and he attacks whatever comes near him. Just plain bitter. The price we pay for our craft...lol

-Dr Marco:sfish:

My maroons seem so peaceful compared to all of your Maroons.
You people abusing your fish?Is that why they so bitter?
If the Mandarin gets close or another fish,she would just nudge them along.
They need anger management classes

well i got him in the tank with my niger trigger and my foxface and my snow flake ell so i hope about two weeks in there and he will chill out that is his anger management classes lol

Back