Blonde & lipstick only eat seaweed ?

Lesely

Reefing newb
HI,
Have recently added a Blonde & Lipstick nasso into my tank. They have been with us for 3 weeks now and are already key members of the tank. They are active and friendly & both getting along great.
But neither of them are eating anything but Seaweed. I have tried Brine, Mysis, bloodworm, flake and pellets and they show no interest in anything but the seaweed clip.
Is this going to be an issue ? Can they survive on seaweed alone ? They are pigs with the seaweed and eat lots a couple of times a day.
I have tried to give no seaweed for 24 hours to spark an interest in other food, but its not working/
Do I need to be worried or will they still thrive on seaweed alone

could you leave feeding them a bit longer than 24 hrs .would have thought they would need mysis for example to be in there best health.after reading that mysis has more fat content than brine i mainly stick to mysis to give my fish some "bulk" so would have thought they need more than seaweed.hope someone can give you better answer.also would have thought be more protein in brine mysis or bloodworm

could you leave feeding them a bit longer than 24 hrs .would have thought they would need mysis for example to be in there best health.after reading that mysis has more fat content than brine i mainly stick to mysis to give my fish some "bulk" so would have thought they need more than seaweed.hope someone can give you better answer.also would have thought be more protein in brine mysis or bloodworm
Thats what i am worried about, I cant believe seaweed can give them everything they need long term. Although they are not meat eaters they are algae/ seaweed grazers in the wild. I run a very low nutrient tank with very very little algae, so that worries me too ?

Thats what i am worried about, I cant believe seaweed can give them everything they need long term. Although they are not meat eaters they are algae/ seaweed grazers in the wild. I run a very low nutrient tank with very very little algae, so that worries me too ?
well if that what they eat in the wild then u may be worrying for nothing.

because that is all they are eating i guess that is wot they were fed at the lfs where you got em from aswel which could mean that that is all they need to survive?:unsure:

+1 on Rod's
Even though their main diet consists of greens they do benefit from eating meat. You can also try soaking mysis in garlic. This has a tendancy to entice picky eaters to eat.

Back