Blotchy skin

Mik

Reefing newb
My middle-aged Emporer Angel is almost all the way through his color change and has developed some small pale white-ish blotches on his skin. Definitely not ich. Any ideas?

pics?

could be just part of the color change , from what ive read sometimes the old color fades and takes a littlw while untill the new color comes in, i may be wrong but if its not showing signs of anything wrong maybe that could be it

Is he acting normal? still eating well? If he is, i wouldnt worry about it too much, just keep and eye on it and keep on feeding him.

Thx all, he is eating great and I feed very high quality foods, so I'll just watch him and re-post if it gets worse.

blotchy spots on angels are usually stress related ...I see you have a 400 gallon,,but is any other fish showing aggression or chasing your angel ?

Hi, thanks for the response, he is the alpha-angel for sure, no one picks on him at all, he is the largest angel in the tank. He chases a smaller navarchus angel sometimes. He eats like a pig and is pretty beefy. I feed good, frozen foods - Emerald Entree, Angel & Butterfly, Marine Cuisine and Mysis. It's not getting any worse, but not getting better either....

blotchy spots on angels are usually stress related ...I see you have a 400 gallon,,but is any other fish showing aggression or chasing your angel ?

Back