Blothy Trigger

Alexander

Reef enthusiast
so my trigger has gotten REALLY blotchy with these spots over the last week or so he/she has only been in there less than 2 weeks. the white doesn't sit on top of the fish like ich does im really not sure what is going on here but it is really concerning to me. he/she is still eating fine but just looking really strange. this is the best picture i could get can anyone give me some help here?

20101109-20101109-DSC_0144.jpg

I looked for some info last night, and couldn't find anything. I'm stumped. Sorry :( Maybe try sending the pic to WetWebMedia. Those guys respond quickly and they know the most obscure stuff.

I sent the picture to doc last night and he seems to think its velvet..... i dont know but i really hope its not because that will be really scary. i dont want to lose all my fish over one fish. water change today we will see what happens. hopefully he can pull through. still eating like a pig so thats good.

I thought Velvet sat more towards/or on the top, yours looks like it's under the scales. :dunno:
yes i was thinking that too. It definitely doesnt appear to be on top.

well here is how it looks today....WORSE but ive been feeding food soaked in garlic and brightwell aquatics vitamin c and its still eating like a pig and today is actually the most active ive seen it in the tank so far. finally getting used to its new environment. i really hope this fish can find a way to pull through

20101114-20101114-DSC_0154.jpg

You know what i always hate? When the op never tells anyone how things turned out. So here i am! Michael jackson has made a full recovery as you can see! Its a really fun fish to watch. Love it. Sorry for non slr quality this one was taken with my droid x.

2010-12-07_16-42-19_156.jpg

Back