blue blobs and blue pollyps?

kevvin27

Reefing newb
When I set up my reef tank 1 of the pieces of live rock I bought had some nearly dead button pollyps on it. After a couple weeks they started to grow and I could see that there was another kind that I can't find anywhere. They are sort of a whitish-grey colour covered in little blue specks. The arms are much thinner than the other pollyps as well. The pictures are pretty bad but the pollyp is almost in the center near a red spot on the rock and there is a smaller one near the bottom of the pic.

The other specimen in my tank came on a rock with green star pollyps. they basically look like light blue blobs with holes and tubes on them. Some also have vine like runners? comeing off of them.

Does anyone know what these would be? Thank you

Kevin

Attachments

• DSC01304.jpg
    DSC01304.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 579
  • DSC01299.jpg
    DSC01299.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 523
The second picture is a type of sponge. Sponges are neat and come in awesome colors! You lucked out with blue ones.

As for the first picture, I'm sorry I can't tell :( I can't really see what you're talking about.

Biffy is correct on the 2nd pic.Its a blue sponge.

From what I can tell of the 1st pic,its just a different color morph of button polyps.

You mean that green bubble algae? The blue thing is a sponge if it soft. In the second picture I mean. YOu can take that rock out and scrub the bubble algae off in the sink and rinse it with salt water. I can't see what you are talking about in the first pic.

+1 Everyone. You are lucky the sponge is blue. Quite nice. I have plain old dull white. :( I call that sponge snake sponge because of how it sends out the long snake like appendages.

You should also take care of that bubble algae before it becomes a problem. I can really be a nightmare.

Back