Blue Fin Damsels

John Sheaffer

Reefing newb
Just got a Blue Fin Damsel, the store said he peaceful with the other fish in the tank. He looks really cool and, when he turns dark blue will be even better. He hasn't been overly aggressive just a little here and there. Don't know if he just if it will get worse or he is just letting everyone know he is in charge. Anyone have any experiance with these fish?

I've never had a damsel that wasn't an aggressive bully. If you have corals you will need to watch to make sure he doesn't nip at them either. The younger ones are known to be not as aggressive as the older ones so while the LFS may not have been lying when saying he is peaceful, it sounds like you may have been mislead on their temperament.

I always have Liveaquaria pulled up on my smartphone when walking into my LFS just to get the real scoop on potential new livestock. The store shouldn't mind if you fact check while you peruse as long as they aren't trying to be sneaky to make a quick sale.

here's the liveaquaria page on blue fin damsels: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+28+765&pcatid=765

Thanks I will keep an eye on him. Just added my first anenome and, I have polyp growing and some sponge in the tank. Don't need him eating them.

Back