Blue Green Chromis.

Slimkasey

Reefing newb
1 of my 4 Chromis has been hiding in the corner of the tank looking like he was in distress, sluggish, and lethargic, I got him off into a QT, and noticed he looked like he was loosing color. I have him on Kana -something, it's been 4 days, but 1 side doesn't appear to be getting better. In fact, when I tap the glass beside him he doesn't move, but when I flicker the lights he does.

Anyone have any thoughts?

With a fresh water change all params in the DT tank are dang near perfect.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sooty, to here that as well. Biff my sig is wrong, these are very small Chromis, about an inch each, my LFS is willing to accept large back. I lost the clowns on my last tank crash, about 6 mos back. If its a bullying thing could it be my big coward, checkerboard wrasse, he's a 1 1/2 inch, I have seen him chase, but every time I walk by the tank he hides on me.

What should I do about my QT Chromis? Im trying to feed him, thawed small Mysis with Garlic, but he doesnt even see it to go after it. Is there a humane way?

Clove oil i think it is. He will go into a "coma" and pass on in his sleep. Not exactly sure how much, im sure someone will chime in. Sucks when things like this happen, esp when there isnt really anything you can do.

Now if i misred you and you want advice on how to try and get him to eat you could try a pipette and drop them right in front of him. But odds are if hes not eating the outlook is bad.

Thanks Kelz, I hope someone can advise as well. I have been using forceps with some small shrimp bits I've soaked in garlic, and even dropping them right in front of him, it's like he doesn't even see it, and he's not chasing after it either.

So hopefully I can fins some advice on th olive oil.

Thank you.

If you're wondering about a humane way to euthanize, you can put him in a plastic baggie of water and put him in the freezer - he will just go to sleep as the temperature drops.

Thats another much easier way, same effect but without the clove oil. Id say flush em, but i only do that if they are dead, not dying. I hate for my last seconds to include being flushed, so i figure they dont like it much either.

Read the article, this i didnt know

"Clove oil contains some substances believed to be carcinogenic and should be handled with care."

Sorry for recommending something yuck like that.

Back