blue hippo tang sits all day

my girl friend has a 75 g her tang looks like it has white spots he sits all day ...i know they like to play dead ....but every day ...i check all levels and there ok what can be the problem:sfish:

blue hippo tangs are very likely to catch a sickness called ich(pronounce ick) which is a parasite anyfish can get it but hippo tangs get it mostly move your fish into a quarantine tank (to prevent other fish from getting it) and start it on ich treatments i hope it gets better.

my girl friend has a 75 g her tang looks like it has white spots he sits all day ...i know they like to play dead ....but every day ...i check all levels and there ok what can be the problem:sfish:
Never a good sign.How long have you had it?He most likely has ich,and now all your others do as well.People are going to tell you to feed garlic and vity C(not bad advice),but my approach is alot different.

If the fish is strong and healthy enough then it will be able to fight it off. Suppulement it's food with Garlic and vitimans.

Last edited:
Am i the only one around here who strongly advocates QTing?Don't get me wrong,i like the site and all the members,but i feel like i'm out in the cold on this:dunno:

Am i the only one around here who strongly advocates QTing?Don't get me wrong,i like the site and all the members,but i feel like i'm out in the cold on this:dunno:

Aint no feel like your out in the cold:D
You just have a different method than most of us.Yours is most likely the safiest method though.

No I don't think so. Often the fish is in too much of a weakened state to put it in a QT where even more stress is put on it and reduces its chances even more.

No I don't think so. Often the fish is in too much of a weakened state to put it in a QT where even more stress is put on it and reduces its chances even more.
I kindly disagree.In most cases we as the consumer of these fish are rescuing them from some of the worst kept conditions(via petco's ect....or shipped in a tiny box of filthy water)I think a nice private low lit isolation tank is just what some of these fish need.JMO
OP,it sounds like ich and you can choose to battle it one of 3 ways,hypo,copper or garlic and vity's...Good luck

Back