Blue Hippo Tang

baiblue

Reefing newb
today a friend of mine was messing with my light fixture in my tank then i notice my blue hippo tang's black strips change into a light yellow color i then quicky changed the light back to normal but it took him a minute or two to change back to normal sorry i didnt take a pic but is this normal? i have two of these fish but the other one didnt change? what do you think might of happen?? is that what happens when they get mad? its never happen to be before until last night

276_bluehippogeckopsu.jpg

i was thinking the same as alot of fish change colors
but what got me was his blue was as bright as the fish in the pic the only thing that changed was the black strip to a light yellow color which looked weird

Did I read that right? You have 2 hippo tangs in a 70g tank? If so, that will not work out.
thats a really great shot of your tang. You should enter it in POTM.
It's not his pic/fish, unless he uses saltwaterfish.com to host his pics. ;)

Dude again you need to get rid of these fish. You have two in a 70 when you shouldn't even have 1. Yote is exactly right. They sill slightly change color when stressed out. And I'm sure you have a very stressed out fish.

Dude again you need to get rid of these fish. You have two in a 70 when you shouldn't even have 1. Yote is exactly right. They sill slightly change color when stressed out. And I'm sure you have a very stressed out fish.

lol ive been taking fish out the last coupole of days im down to 10 but im in the market for a bigger tank this weekend im going to L.A to a few shops to try to get one special ordered 8X4 as someone told me would be perfect for my unicorn tang :)
so dont worry i know i need to to get them into a bigger tank :mrgreen:

lol ive been taking fish out the last coupole of days im down to 10 but im in the market for a bigger tank this weekend im going to L.A to a few shops to try to get one special ordered 8X4 as someone told me would be perfect for my unicorn tang :)
so dont worry i know i need to to get them into a bigger tank :mrgreen:

What kind of unicorn tang? 8 long 4 wide??

An adult unicorn that he wants to keep for the duration of its life.

I had to give up my vlamingi once she got to around 16" long. She outgrew my 7-foot long tank. It was a sad day :(

Back