blue legged banded shrimp

Sexy shrimp and peppermint shrimp do better in small groups. The sexy shrimp actually huddle together and dance together.

So the probably 2 or 3 sexy shrimp? Not sure if I want the peps or not. I did like the Pederson Cleaner. It was pretty cool. Do you know how they are with other shrimp?

I have never seen the pederson cleaner before, but he looks like an offshoot of the normal cleaner shrimp, so my guess is that he would be compatible with peppermint and sexy shrimp.

Peppermint shrimp are good, they eat bad algae but are not in view much, so you will see them hiding often.

I have a bunch of sexy shrimp and as im finding, they really arent quite reef safe. Mine are trying to eat some of my LPS corals so im always in the tank trying to beat them away from the coral.

I have never seen the pederson cleaner before, but he looks like an offshoot of the normal cleaner shrimp, so my guess is that he would be compatible with peppermint and sexy shrimp.

Peppermint shrimp are good, they eat bad algae but are not in view much, so you will see them hiding often.

I've never seen him either til he was shown to me on this thread. Pretty neat though. And I GUESS I might do a pepermint shrimp. Lol. Just think they look kind of boring.

I have a bunch of sexy shrimp and as im finding, they really arent quite reef safe. Mine are trying to eat some of my LPS corals so im always in the tank trying to beat them away from the coral.

Well that's no good! I guess it really is hit or miss. I love them though. They're too cute

I posted pictures earlier and didn't realize people already posted pictures of the different shrimp. Sorry

Last edited:
c2fbdaae.jpg

The nice thing about peppermint is that they're cheap. A peppermint shrimp costs like $5 and a skunk cleaner shrimp costs like $25.

That CB was 25...not like I wanna banish Him to the mantis tank. I got him because all of my friends never had issues with them. But if he gets crazy he will become food.

I have had my cb for almost 2 yrs.. been a model citizen so far but always keeping an eye on him.. :nono:

Attachments

• IMG_2353.JPG
    IMG_2353.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 242
Grr, I am seriously hating you guys more and more.... a peppermint shrimp costs 30 dollars here and a reef cleaner costs 150... sigh... everything is a ripoff. The cheapest I got the RC is 130.

Grr, I am seriously hating you guys more and more.... a peppermint shrimp costs 30 dollars here and a reef cleaner costs 150... sigh... everything is a ripoff. The cheapest I got the RC is 130.

That's nuts! I'd ALMOST be deterred from from being in this hobby lol almost

i have a CBS and he is just nasty as all hell! he oes after me when i go near his "cave" i want to get rid of him BUT i think my h ubby would be a little ticked with me considering he loves him

Back