Blue Millepora / New purchase??

SonicGT02

Reefing newb
I still have the bug to add more coral. After getting the ruffled ridge coral, now I'm looking at maybe a blue millepora. Any thoughts, concerns, or suggestions? I haven't seen them in person, but was sent photo's from the dealer I trust. If I do get any, I would go and see them first. What would be a good price for the pieces in the pictures??

Attachments

• Blue Millepora 1.jpg
    Blue Millepora 1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 687
  • Blue Millepora 2.jpg
    Blue Millepora 2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 991
  • Blue Millepora 3.jpg
    Blue Millepora 3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,799
I see that somebody else has caught the SPS bug:D
Around here a 2" frag of that mille would cost you around 50 to 75 bucks,depending on who you bought it from.

Yote - yes the SPS bug is alive and well. I just heard back and was told that these are definately show pieces and are between $100 & $150. Don't know if Santa is feeling that generous right now!

if it is a show peice than it is a large peice and i would pay that also. most frags that are 50 bucks are only 1-2 in long total and not branching like that

Not real easy to find such nice blue mille colonies in the first place and those are some awesome prices. In my area, a colony like that might go for $200 and be considered a more than fair price.

CHRISTMAS COMES EARLY!!!!!!

As a friend said to me, I can tell your single. Friday I recieved a Christmas bonus from work and went Friday night to shop for the tank. I ended up getting the coral from the first picture, the one that has a lot of short fingers, so to speak. Those coral look even better in person. The rock the coral was on, was so covered, that there wasn't a spot all the way around that didn't have coral. Kind of sucks, just that when I placed it in the tank, I knew there was so much coral on the bottom.

Then I knew that the guy had gotten in some blue and purple Carpet's, so I ended up with a purple carpet as well.

WOW - Santa sure was generous!!!

Since there was already a picture posted, I didn't think I'd have to post another, but I can. I was told that the other 2 pictures were fragged off of the piece that I bought. It really is a beautiful piece of Millepora. He still has the other 2 pieces for sale if anyone here is interested. I would suggest this guy to anyone! Great stuff at good prices. His website isn't kept up to date, but he sends out emails to everyone on his mailing list, with each shipment he gets in. The place is called Reef and Tails. If anyone needs more info, just let me know.

The carpet has been closed up alot, but when he decides to open, I'll be sure to post pictures in another post.

Thats what I'm thinking.

I got 75 gallons of water mixing so I can do a major water change when I get home this evening.I did one 50% change saturday night when I got home from work,and had the lights off since friday trying to kill out some cyano.
BTW
How'd your hydroids ever get?Ever get rid of em?I noticed some on a few of my rocks last night and need to hit em hard and fast.

Back