Blue Millepora / New purchase??

i killed most of them but i still have some i just put epoxy over top of them it was the only thing that worked but now i have all these white spots all over the rock. but i was just going to pull it off the rock and see what happens. they are a pain in the ass to get rid of. but they do not seem to hurt anything so far i have touched them and received no ill effects from them at all i wonder if they are not s toxic as other kinds of hydroids

i would like some more info

His website is www.reefandtails.com Mal is the name of owner and is great to deal with AND very knowledgeable. All of his contact stuff is on his website. He is about 65 miles from me, but I travel it to save and get quality stuff. One example that just makes me wonder about mark up. There is a saltwater shop about 3 miles from my house, but there prices are so high. I've bought my salt from them and paid 69.99 for a 5 gallon bucket. When I get it from Reef and Tails, 49.99!!!! Guess where I get it from now!! If he doesn't have it, he can get it. I bought my tank from him, as he was able to match any price that I found on the net. Hope this helps.

Here is the last email that was sent to me by Reef & Tails

We have Purple and Blue Carpet Anemones and show pices corals in Stock this Week.

We will be open Sunday from 1 to 5:00 or by appointment Saturday and evenings. Check out our new arrivals. Give us a call at the Store 610-678-6066, office 610-375-6365 or cell 610-790-4399 for an appointment.

New Brightwell salt is in stock!

Special:
Buy $100 of corals, get $50 free!
Buy $75 of coral, get $25 free!

Cured live rock $2.99/lb
Premium Small cured live rock $2.99/lb
Large cured Premium live rock $5.50/lb
Curcumbers 40% off $7

New Arrivals - beautiful fish and corals

Common NameLatin Name Price
AnemoneBubble Tip - Colored 39.00
AnemoneCarpet (Haddoni) Bright Green XL 179.00
AnemoneCarpet - Purple - SM 179.00
AnemoneCarpet - Blue - SM 179.00
AngelFlame 59.00
ClownfishGold Stripe 39.00
ClownfishFalse Percula 20.00
ClownfishBlack & White Percula 59.00
CrabsRed Leg Hermit 25 for 20.00
CrabsBlue Eye Hermits 12 for 15.00
GobyPurple Firefish 24.00
GobyDiamond 19.00
GobyDragon 19.00
GobyFirefish 15.00
GobyGreen Clown 10.00
GobyGreen Mandarin 19.00
GobyYellow Clown 10.00
PseudochromisBicolor 16.00
PseudochromisDiadema 16.00
ShrimpHarlequin 22.00
ShrimpHarlequin 22.00
ShrimpPeppermint 6.00
SnailsMexican Turbo 10 for 20.00
SnailsMexican Turbo 20 for 35.00
SnailsNassarius Sand 2.00
StarfishOrange Linkia 19.00
TangBlond Naso - S 59.00
TangBlond Naso - SM 79.00
TangDesjardinii Sailfin 79.00
TangBlue Hippo 49.00
SPSOrange Monti Cap - Frags 12.00
SPSTurquoise Acropora 29.00 Coral
LeatherNeon Green Leather - Large 89.00
LeatherNeon Green Leather - Small 29.00

Last edited:
Where exactly are you located?
I know Mal. He used to be on the NCPARS Board of Directors. He was at the last swap we had in Northampton and brought lots of stuff from his store.

Where exactly are you located?
I know Mal. He used to be on the NCPARS Board of Directors. He was at the last swap we had in Northampton and brought lots of stuff from his store.

Capt - I live in Mechanicsburg, PA, just outside of Harrisburg. Mal has been nothing but a great help in teaching me some things I could have ended up learning the hard way! Hope you've had good experiences with him as well. Do you live in Philly??

Careful with the carpet nem -- they'll catch and eat fish. They are amazing predators, I saw one eat its own clown once!!

I had a very large one before, but when the tank crashed, I lost him. I feed him shrimp about once a week and he seemed content with that. But I'm sure each one is different. I'm hoping that he likes where I put him in the tank, because I know I don't want him climbing around the tank and killing my coral. When I put this tank together, I placed the rocks in a way to accomodate a carpet nem.

It kept moving all around in the tank and would shrivel up and then expand really hugh. It disturbed everything and finally when it ate a Clown I through it out. I will never have one of those again. And I love anemones too.

Sorry to hear about that. I still wish I had the one I had before, but things didn't work out. I was happy that once I had put it in the tank, it never moved. With all the coral I've been getting as of late, I hope this new one stay's put, or it will be out of the tank!!

I had a large one ONCE. Threw it in the backyard when it was all said and done.

You couldn't re-home it or at least give it to a store? I know it sucks when one of our animals devours other ones, but killing one of those is kinda harsh IMO

The giant red carpet at my LFS has a small picasso clown that swims in and out of its mouth all day long :shock:
I love carpets, so beautiful! One day, I will set up a species-only tank for one, whenever I have that kinda cash laying around...:helm2:

Back