Blue Reef Chromis???

Humuhumununu

Reefing newb
I know that Chromis are sometimes timid, but are actually damsels. So I guess what I' m trying to say is, will these little dudes, be fine in the general flow of things, or, being damsels, go on an offensive strike on everything else in the tank six months later. These guys will be the smallest in the tank with the exception of the bicolor dottyback.

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks.

They do well with other fish -- although they are damsels, they are normally very docile and calm. Sometimes they will fight with their own kind.

Never had them not kill each other off till there was only one left.
But the one left was fine with all other fish.
They must think my tank is The Highlander.

Chromis are a lot like Chiclids in that they'll do fine if you fill the tank full of em.

We've noticed at the LFS that we hardly loose any Chromis until we get down to 10 or 15 left in the tank.

I've had six in my tank for almost 2 years now and they have been fine the whole time. I have several other gobies and clowns, as well as a tang and a mandarin, and they all get along very well! :)

I had 3 in my tank and did well for over 3 years.
They were not picking at each other or anything. But maybe that is because there was also a false percula in the tank and they figured they should stick together? :)

Both of the schools of chromis I have tried formed a cult as soon as they hit my tank. They had little fishy meetings and signed a murder/suicide pact. Very depressing.

Back