Blue Regal Tang

gangs thrive on emerald entrée. It is not as messy as nori and you can cut down on giving seaweed sheets to just once a week.

-Doc

Emerald Entree is a type of frozen food, made by the same people that make Marine Cuisine (is it San Francisco Bay?? I think it is...). It comes in cubes, you can find it at your LFS. It's a mix of different foods, some meaty stuff, but mostly veggies, so it's great for tangs.

do its basically formula 2 by ocean nutrition, and if so i dont like it because it always stays in cube form and requires me to fish it out

Marine Cuisine and Emerald Entree do not stay in cube form, they fall apart in the water.

Formula 1 and Formula 2 cubes are a different type of frozen food. They are meant to be fed using the suction cups with the plastic mesh holders, not just dropped in the tank. The Formula 1 and 2 cubes are meant to feed the fish over a longer period of time and not get eaten right away (that's why they're attached to the glass using the suction cup).

so, is something like formula 1 & 2 what we would need to feed fish while on vacation? b/c I feed the fish at least 3 times a day...and apart from someone living in my house while we're gone...I'm thinking once a day would be tops for my sister's visits.

Emerald Entree is a type of frozen food, made by the same people that make Marine Cuisine (is it San Francisco Bay?? I think it is...). It comes in cubes, you can find it at your LFS. It's a mix of different foods, some meaty stuff, but mostly veggies, so it's great for tangs.

Dead-on biff. San francisco makes awesome food for tangs and angels. I swear by it. It is frozen food which melts in water on contact. The fish love it because it has krill, plankton and nori, which is a great balance for tangs.

-Doc

so, is something like formula 1 & 2 what we would need to feed fish while on vacation? b/c I feed the fish at least 3 times a day...and apart from someone living in my house while we're gone...I'm thinking once a day would be tops for my sister's visits.

I think a lot of it depends on how long you are going to be gone. Fish don't really need to be fed daily to live. If you go for a long weekend, say three days, they will be just fine to swim without food. they will graze the rocks and be happy when you come back. If you are taking a dream vacation to The Great Barrier Reef for two weeks, I would have someone check in on the tank every other day anyway just to make sure things are spot on. Just me

-Doc

No, it doesn't last that long. It will last a few hours vs. disappearing instantly like other frozen foods.

Most people feed their fish once a day or once every other day. Like Doc said, there's usually enough stuff already in the tank to hold them over. Having someone come over once a day will be sufficient.

Back