Blue spotted Jawfish

Piratefish

SPS Freak
So my LFS has this really cool Jawfish. Any thoughts? I have read up on them and am getting mixed messages. I have lots of rock and about 3" of sand. The rock is sitting on the tank bottom not the sand. I do have a goby with a really long fin on its back but I don't know what kind it is cause the lfs had it marked wrong.(I tried to look it up) It is clear with red and blue dots on its side and is only 1" in length (the Goby). I read they did not get along with some gobies and some wrasses. Speaking of wrasses will it be okay with a 6line?

If you have something covering it you'll probably be ok, just make sure it's completely covered they are masters at finding the smallest opening to jump through. They are borrowers that will spend most of their time with their head poking out. They're very cool looking fish but IMO they're very expensive for a fish that doesn't swim around a whole lot.

If you have something covering it you'll probably be ok, just make sure it's completely covered they are masters at finding the smallest opening to jump through. They are borrowers that will spend most of their time with their head poking out. They're very cool looking fish but IMO they're very expensive for a fish that doesn't swim around a whole lot.

Yeah I know but there is something about how they look at you.

Jawfish are in my top 5 favorites.But they seem to like carpet over a nice cozy reef tank.9 times out of 10,you end up finding them on the floor.

I just lost mine... I had egg crate with nylon mesh over it... contoured around all openings...

The BS jumped through a tiny hole...around a pipe... not once...3 times. Unfortunately, the 3rd time was in the night...and he died.

My advice....pass on this one... best left in the ocean.

I had a blue Spotted once in my covered Red Sea Max. Thought I was safe, but once when I was feeding the tank I turned around to go to the sink and when I came back he had jumped and I stepped on him and squished him flat. :(

Jawfish added:mrgreen: I put screen over the top of the tank and secured it ! It does cut down on the light. I am trying to think of something else. He is happily digging away under my biggest rock that has a small hole in it which he backs into. OMG they can move pieces of rock larger than marbles !

Those blue spots are THE best looking jawfish in the ocean.:D
Congrats.Just make sure you hook a bunge cord to his tail to yank him back in the tank when he goes airborn.Bluespots are masters at finding hole you cant even see.

Back