Blue Tang help!!

BlueSi4

Reefing newb
So i have a 46G with 2 clownfish and a blue tang, and today i noticed that my tang's face seem to be covered in spots, like grayish spots, like as if he's getting bitten or something like that, but they don't fight each other...

blue tangs almost always get ick, they get stressed easy in a new tank. i've lost three but all were real small when i got them, and they got ick also.

i feed him brine shrimp, flake, and seaweed...i put that in and my clowns eat the brine shrimp and the flake just like the tang, he doesn't touch the seaweed tho. I tried to get a picture of him, but he's too fast! The gray spots are only around his face, mostly right next to eyes/mouth, not in his body...at least not yet!

best pic i was able to get, he's too fast

682jbjk.jpg

the gray spots seem to spreading...now they are forming a line across the body...and the ones in teh face seem to turn red...could i do a freshwater dip??

interesting case..can it be parasites?? or decoloration due to insufficient vitamines??..or some of congenital collagen disease??..im just guessing..

Every blue regal Ive ever seen at Bermuda has gotten those.Its just something that happens.Its perfectly normal.So theres no need to give him a fresh water bath.

He looks fine marco, its hard to see in the photo. I wouldn't be to concerned. Try and get a more clean pic if possible I no that they are shy.

The only other thing if its not his normal coloring I would maybe guess Head and line lateral disease but thats not to common with the regal blue tang.

I will try to get to clear shot of my blues so you could see if they have what your looking at. I have 5 of them different sizes and ages.

how long have you had him? what is his diet?

I feed my tangs sea veggies, twice daily and I will switch back and forth from green, red, and purple, I also feed new life spectrum pellets. and marine cuisine, mysis, cyclopeeze mixed with garlic and vitamins.

I just started adding new life spectrum to their diet about 3 months ago and have seen huge changes in my fishes colors and belly's.

Try to get a clearer pic. of him if you can.

try feeding him frozen food and formula 1 marine garlic and vitamin inhanced pellets. and alter these one day frozen next day pellets you should also do what winy said

so for the last couple days, my tang is not as active as he used to be, he seems to be hiding a lot, and he doesn't eat the seaweed, i've tried 2 kinds already, so far all he eats is the brine shrimp, and i even throw in some kind of algae frozen food mix that the LFS told me their tangs eat, and he doesn't eat that either, just my hermit crabs eat that. I'm really worried about him, i don't wanna go crazy and buy every single food that's out there and try it, but i also want to keep him healthy. The spots on his body don't seem to have gotten any worse. What can I do? I've tested the water and it seems good, my clowns are perfect.

I hate to say it bluesi,But you may just have to resort to buying all those foods untill you find one your tang will eat.

Back