blue tang spots

bendy

Reefing newb
Hey Guy I have a small blue tang about 2cm in length it has been in my tank for about two weeks. I have noticed some white spots located mainly at the top of the fish it seems a bit stressed as well. what is this and how can I treat it??? It is still eating fine as well.

Blue Tang as in a hipo tang ??? Most likely Its ICh Hipo tangs and tangs in general get ich really easy. If hes eating fine best thing to do is make sure all you perameters are good and you have exelent water quality. If you have more fish make sure they aint fighting with it. Also feed nori Soaked in Garlic extract or in Selcon.

As far as treating goes Do some reading, you can treat with hipo salinity or copper, but if you do this is the display you will kill all inverts and corals, so its best to do it in another tank. But the ich will still be in the main tank unless you leave it with out fish for 3 months.

Best thing to do is like i said keep the fish happy and as long as its eating good it should be fine.

What size tank is this guy in?

And is he really 2cm long? If so, the odds of them surviving is pretty much slim to none. When they are that small they have just settled out of the larval phase and need to eat about 30 times a day and no tank is prepared to offer that. Assuming you do have a properly sized tank to keep one (180 gal minimum) you want to get one that is at least 8 cm long.

Back