Blue tang with brown spots

tzevchik

Reefing newb
Hi Everyone,

I have a blue hippo tang with brown flat spots. Not sure what it is. I've treated with furan-2, fresh water dips, and started copper this evening. This fish has been in the qt for about a months and I can't seem to get rid of this. Any ideas regarding diagnosis/treatment?

Thanks,
Z
I will post a pic in another thread as is won't fit here.

Got a picture? Flat spots?? Thats a weird one. They don't stick out of the body any? There is a thing called Black Ich. But, he's been in QT for a month?

I posted a picture but I'm new to the forum so the moderator has to approved it. Please look in a day or so and give me your opinion. Thanks for your time.

Z

The spots look almost like dirt or mud spots. There weren't there when I purchased him and I know these guys are suceptible to ich and the like.

That's where I was headed also. I checked my tank for stray current, but didn't find anything. I am now supplementing with zoe and garlic to see if additional nutritional support helps. This is what was suggested on other forums. Any suggestions?

Your picture didn't show up. I'm not sure you posted it correctly? Try posting it in this thread here, instead of starting new threads for it. The easiest way to post a pic from your computer is to click "Go Advanced" below the quick reply box, then click on the paperclip icon to attach the picture.

blue tang with spots pic

Attachments

• blue fish.jpg
    blue fish.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,401
I took some more pics. There's is some of this brown stuff on his head as well

Attachments

• 4-17 to 5-7 002.jpg
    4-17 to 5-7 002.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 707
  • 4-17 to 5-7 003.jpg
    4-17 to 5-7 003.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 635
  • 4-17 to 5-7 004.jpg
    4-17 to 5-7 004.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 648
I feed a variety and rotate through emerald entree, sprirulina, formula 2 and a bit of mysis. I am enhancing with zoe and garlic

Doesn't look like HLLE to me. Look like runnin into thingyitis to me. You just change something major inthe tank? Add a new tank mate?

No, This guy has been in the qt since day 1 by himself. I have a few pieces of pvc pipe for him to hide in . This is some sort of skin condition be it fungal, parasitic or bacterial.

Back