BLue Tip Acro !!!

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So I have a blue tip Acro and it has ben growing pretty good for the last month or so. my question is do is it normal that it only estend its polyps out at night ???/ my other acros extend them all the time.

So to speak....obviously it needs to be tried a few different places in the tank to find its best flow and light, but yeah...let it grow!!!!

Yeahi got it where I like it right now and it seems to like it also cause its defenetly growing. Also my Red Planet acro seems happy in the spot I finally put it on. I was not really happy in other spots then finally found somewhere it likes. Its not really growing out do its incrusting the frag plug its on more so than actually growing out.

After it encrusts enough to feel stable it will start putting up limbs....If it waits beyond a month or two of encrustation you can take a forcep or something and make little scrapes. The coral will heal the damage and generally put on a limb at that spot.....the stability is a big part of why a coral should be situated where it thrives then be real careful the rock it's on doesn't get moved around....big encrustation is a wonderful thing.....

Back