Blue tuxedo urchin?

I have one, he is really cool. But like Hannah said, they are pron to picking things up and carrying them around the tank.

ok! well i think ill still get one! anything i should be aware of?
besides the fact that they are wanabe interior decorators? :)

And they are pretty easily cared for? I know they eat green hair algae but I don't have much, if any, I know it's bad! Will I have to buy food for him or will he scrounge stuff up? And have they ever killed anything?

i have an orage tuxedo , bought him during halloween lol, i guess i been one of the lucky ones mine has never carried of with anything except just once he has the molt of my shrimp on em, also what i havent seen anyone mention is that they do eat coralline , they will shave your rock clean or leave a shaved trail , but dont worry they wont shave your whole tank lol , mine for some odd reason only shaves the corraline of 2 specific rocks, i dont feed mine anything specific at all , he eats algae off glass , rarely on the sand , awesome little guy

also mine keeps my rock clean off any nuisance algae

i have an orage tuxedo , bought him during halloween lol, i guess i been one of the lucky ones mine has never carried of with anything except just once he has the molt of my shrimp on em, also what i havent seen anyone mention is that they do eat coralline , they will shave your rock clean or leave a shaved trail , but dont worry they wont shave your whole tank lol , mine for some odd reason only shaves the corraline of 2 specific rocks, i dont feed mine anything specific at all , he eats algae off glass , rarely on the sand , awesome little guy

also mine keeps my rock clean off any nuisance algae

+1 yeah mine did that as well. But personally I dig my pencil urchin more than the tuxedo I had. That as well I've never fed. It finds food all over though mine shaved my rocks bare in spots. All but a piece of lava rock.

I have a purple pincushion; one of my favorite inhabitants, just cruises and doesn't bother anything. Some urchins will eat softies from what i understand.

Had one but it died when I had to re do my tank a few weeks ago. Very cool mine was a brown one and yes they carry everything around on their backs. Saw the blue one and will get it later.

Back