Blue zoo

Marinne13

Northern Reefer
so I did start a 65G FOWLR tank in my basement and it took 2 weeks to cycle so I ordered some fish from blue zoo aquatics

1 very small lawnmower blenny, 1 purple fire fish and a tiny cardinal

these were suppose to come in yesterday but of course, FedEx forgot to put them on the plane!!! figures...anyhow they got here this morning and I have talked with blue zoo regarding this issue and they sent emergency acclimation procedures which included not floating the bag but immediately start dripping them and make sure the water is agitated frequently

I dripped them for 1 hour but o man was the water freezing, probably around 71 degrees. I managed during the drip to rise it around 75 but didn't want to keep them in that toxic bag water. The cardinal was the worst but is now swimming in the tank but breathing really hard

I saw the blenny who also seemed to be breathing hard but I have had the lights out all day

anyone think they will make it??? I am kind of pissed at FedEx because these are live animals and there is no excuse, even though I will get my money back if they die I did not order fish online to not care if they lived because I would "get a refund"

wish there was a LFS where I could buy fish

I hate to hear these f*** ups with these companies .not delivering on time.Bout two months ago bought some green star polyps .By the time i got them as they were delivered late the water was cold and one of the gsp mat was "peeling" of the rock.I was well p***ed off to say the least anyway as hermits walked over it the mat of gsp just came off completely and ended up torn etc basically a waste of time and dosh.Hope you have more luck with your fish.I would say its 50/50 if they survive .Also when i have had corals /inverts etc delivered it says on the box summat like Live fish handle with care.Do they handle with care ?Do they B*****ks. You not got any lfs near you at all?

Hopefully they'll make it, but remember it was FedEx at fault, not Blue Zoo. I hate it when people bitch about the vendor when the shipping companies are really at fault. (Even if it was the vendor, they offer refunds for DOA's anyways, even if its not their fault).

I knlw its not blue zoo but just frustrated that they might die...really sucks amd they will only give a credit but its not like I can add fish for a while now of they get sick which is even more frustrating

I would email FedEx and let them know the situation. Let them know if you do have fish die that they are responsible and you would appreciate free shipping on the next round.

I will work through blue zoo...it says they dont refund shipping due to weather or mechanical delays but this was purely FedEx not getting the box where it needed to be

I am personally not a big fan of blue zoo aquatics, strictly on selection and price on top of shipping. I got a clam from them with no foot, it was doomed to begin with and a loss of 130 bucks. I'm sure not all their product is bad by all means, but there actually is a point. FedEx and ups have a bagillion packages to deliver and in our hobby time is everything. This is what we will have in alot of cases, 1 truck that blows a tire and delays the next and so on. It happens, I've lost some great fish and it is part of the hobby when purchasing from long distances. You should see the numbers that don't make it from reef to tank, I believe it's 80 percent loss. Very bad numbers.

I mean the fish did not look torn up and skinny like petco's usually do but 2 days in a bag with like 2 cups of water sitting at 70 degrees is pretty much a death sentence

I will not be ordering from blue zoo again, only from LA but it sucks as they usually never have fish in stock

so the blenny does come out but is breathing super hard still??? there is no ammonia in the tank so not sure if his gills got destroyed or not

I feel helpless at this point

Back