Bobby, Some Quick Help Here?

HAWKS12thMAN

NWKRC THUG!
I Saw You Posted Some Diy Prizm Mods Quite Some Time Ago (i Can Only Pull Up The Pics Not The Forum)... I Was Just Wondering What You Did And If It Worked. I Have The Same Skimmer And I'm Finding I'm Running It Pretty Wet To Achieve A Really Good Skim. If You Could Give Me The Link Or Just Explain It I Would Be Appreciative.

It does work great , but the mesh gets clogged and needs redone about every month to everyother month, but the skimate is more than double, dry, darkgreen, and smally as all hell. What you do is take the impellar out and shave done the top of the blades about 1/8 in that way the mesh will fit without rubbing then you get a scrubber pad and split it so it thin then you cut out the circle and tie it on the inpellar with fishing string.
This is the scrub pad I used.
prizim004.jpg
[/IMG]

Heres what I mean by split it.
prizim005.jpg
[/IMG]
Heres a pic of it tied on.
prizim014.jpg
[/IMG]
And heres what it looks like when your done.
prizim008.jpg
[/IMG]
And if I remember right this is one day or a day and a half of skimming after the mod.
prizim001.jpg
[/IMG]

The scrub pad is the mesh. Thats the only thing I added. The air control kit was recomended from the guy who started the mod but I found my skimmer worked better without it, so I took it off. I think he added the air kit to his because his is the pro skimmer and probably had more flow than mine. My skimmer is the deluxe.

Back