Bobby's tank build.

bobby

I like to do bad things.
HAHAHA just getting the room ready first. So in my dinning room I put laminet down alittle over a year ago and it came more and more apparent to me that I disliked laminet floors so me and my wife went out and got 3/4 oak floors and I'm putting that in now. Once it is in I have a master plan for a awsome tank build that will put any build I have done before to shame.....I hope. Well this is were I'm at now with some pics and maybe an explanation to come soon.

Ok heres what the floor looked like to start with and a pic of the sample of the new flooring next to the old.
mypictures127.jpg
[/IMG]
mypictures127.jpg
[/IMG]

Well I get to go 4 now. I got to run to HD for some supplies and when I get back I'll have more pics.

pretty good luck with vaccums on wood floors ? haha :) looks good Bobby i cant wait to see what is up your sleeve. hopefully its not too close to that door. my 180 unfortunately only had room to go right by our sliding back door. i have the curtains inside and bamboo binds on the outside on the deck blocking light. also it faces the East :mad!!: its a evergoing battle, but its not too bad yet.

Ooops sorry double pics here is both floors.
mypictures125.jpg
[/IMG]

Here the old floor is done and on monday I will put the new one down as thats the only full day I have off and trhe nail gun is costing me 40.00 a day to rent.
mypictures132.jpg
[/IMG]

Red HAHA the vac is to get in all the corners from were the trim was supposed to be.LOL I wont be too close I'll add a pic of were it will be in a min. I had my 125 there for a year this 55 there for about 5 months and the 25 when everything is done.

Biff I know I have seen it too. LOL might be better off with tile I LOVE MY WOOD.LOL

Lion I don't know about the gnomes. I might get pissed at it when it just watches me do all the work. LOL

hey, you gotta con the wife into somehow. might as well tell her she can have new floors, if you can have a new tank.

Red HAHA the vac is to get in all the corners from were the trim was supposed to be.LOL I wont be too close I'll add a pic of were it will be in a min. I had my 125 there for a year this 55 there for about 5 months and the 25 when everything is done.

Biff I know I have seen it too. LOL might be better off with tile I LOVE MY WOOD.LOL

Lion I don't know about the gnomes. I might get pissed at it when it just watches me do all the work. LOL

Thanks rigo. Well this is were I'm at now.
mypictures141.jpg
[/IMG]

And this is what I hate most about remodeling when you live in the house. THE MESS.

Yeah thats a 55 gal you see there that I had to move. That sucked.

I have never put hardwood down before, and its tuff. My hands and back are very sore and I'm only half way done. I'll be glad when it's all done.

Ya bobby, I did the floors at my house. Never again... I had someone come in and finish my office, didnt have the will or the energy to do it myself..

Well The gun I had was getting worn out, because they said it should drive in the nail with a normal hammer blow, but I had to hit it as hard as I could and some still didn't go in. So then I had to go back over them and fixem it took forever to get were I am. I just took the gun back and asked for the other one on monday for the remanding time I had since I was having soo much trouble with the gun, and he said no prob, so I'll be finishing this thing mon, and hopefully with a good gun.LOL

Oh BTW I had the living $H!T scared out of me. I put gloves on because the hammer was hurting my hand and was swinging the hammer so hard it slipped out of my hand and missed the 55 gal by about2 inches. Talk about your heart sink down to your feet! The tank is full of saltwater that would have ruined the new floor, and I would have shot my self for it.LOL

Back