Bobby's tank build.

Lovin' that avatar! Glad your using it !
You wouldn't believe the smile that put on my face when i saw it,

I have read several threads on RC that all say that the foam comes undone after a while unless there is enough of it to hold it's self in place.
meaning the whole back glass,

I have been meaning to add it for a while now.LOL Finally got around to it. Thanks again.

As far as the foam coming up. I'm not too worried because I siliconed the plumbing pieces behind it, then foamed the piece all the way around so it's kinda like a C shape. The only way that foam is coming out is if it take the plumbing pieces with it.

Last edited:
Just alittle update. I havn't got any more work done to the stand,just been really busy. Getting ready to go back to school! Thats going to suck LOL. Anyway tank is cycled and I added two pieces of live rock the cc starfish and two new clowns. I bought the biggest ones the guy had but they're still small. The LFS had them for a few weeks, he bought this LFS about 6 months ago or more and I never once seen a sick anything in his tanks. Well these fish seem super healthy, and hopefully this is a new beging for me and they both will last longer than 4 months....Hopefully years. I want to keep one atleast longenough to reach full size. Well anyway here are some pics.
Here is the best one I could get of the new guys. They look real small but they're about 3 inches.
mypictures291.jpg
[/IMG]
Here is a whole tank shot. Yes I do plan on adding more live rock.LOL
mypictures292.jpg
[/IMG]

LOL Yeah I'm going to add more. Actually I have another 20 LBS in the 55 that I'm getting ready to tear down, but I might just throw that rock out because I don't like it much. It has been with me since I started this hobby and for some reason hair algae attracts to it and only it. It is soooooo pourus that I think alot poo is stuck in it.

I am a near sociopath, so I have been told, so it doesn't matter if anyone likes me.....sob (Hee, Hee). Everybody justs ignores my jabs. Must be respect for the ancient. I think I am from the same generation as lot of of your grandparents. Not you Doc.

I am a near sociopath, so I have been told, so it doesn't matter if anyone likes me.....sob (Hee, Hee). Everybody justs ignores my jabs. Must be respect for the ancient. I think I am from the same generation as lot of of your grandparents. Not you Doc.

HUH? I don't get it.

Yeah, yeah foam and little pirate ships, castles, mermaids, scuba divers, fake coral and lights and, and...... Actually the foam lots like it will blend in well after the coralline covers it. But, gee, foam? My tanks walls just get covered with lots, and lots, and lots of bulkheads holes and pump inlet boxes. Just 14 bulkhead holes in the 120 gallon tank, but 4 are plugged and under the sand bed. Is covered with holes proper use of the english language? Full of holes? Thank God I never decided to pick up a minor degree in English.

I do not know. I hope he does not think I rubbed his nose in pooh or something. I have been accused of being quite tactless, blunt and "yes" even obnoxious. Even Doc Marco, HEE, HEE, doesn't like me. I do not think I am powerful enough to make that much of a difference. No?

Well attacking a mans profession will do that to a guy, anyways I think that bobby has a new baby that has taken up his time, at least thats what I gather.

Bobby was going to school to become a mechanical engineer and get into the HVAC trade.
That may be taking up all his time.

Well attacking a mans profession will do that to a guy, anyways I think that bobby has a new baby that has taken up his time, at least thats what I gather.
Who,s profession did I attack this time? Hell, you ought to here be attack my professioin(s). I am an equal oppurtunity *sshole. There are a few professions I really do not like and that probably shows. Law enforcement, Law, politics, religion, head shrinking, and I definitely do not idolize medical doctors. I admire anyone who persists long enough in dealing wiyh our educational system and obtaining a doctotates degree, or even an undergraduate degree. I do not really understand why anyone would work in the field of physics or mathematics education either. In general I like people in the trades professions: welding, equipment operators, carpenter, plumbers, electricians and even HiVac people. I envy (sorta) biologists and chemists. Overall though law enforcement officers, judges, lawyers and politicians are at the bottom of my list. :bounce:

I was on topic. They strayed and I followed. Thank god I am not a leader. I am not even a good follower. Oh yeah sytrofoam in a reef tank. And pirate ships and mermaids, and underwater lights, oh my. :bounce:

Back