Bobby's tank build.

Yeah I think I do downgrade my own work alot.LOL I hear you there. No I havn't tried to join any of those ways yet. I'm just starting to get into wood working in thelast year or so. This the first cabinets I have made. I used dowel rods and glue to join these. I wanted to buy the pocket hole jig but it was alittle over 100.00 so I went with dowel rods.

Yeah I think I do downgrade my own work alot.LOL I hear you there. No I havn't tried to join any of those ways yet. I'm just starting to get into wood working in thelast year or so. This the first cabinets I have made. I used dowel rods and glue to join these. I wanted to buy the pocket hole jig but it was alittle over 100.00 so I went with dowel rods.
:bowdown: Definitely shows you have lots of wood working talent and patience. A dowel jig is a lot more hassle to use than a biscuit cutter and doesn't offer the flexibility or margin of error of a pocket hole jig. However, a dowel job is more traditional and puts a higher value on the finished product so your financial misfortune got you a money gain in the end. Considering how much the mass market sells there poor grade aquarium cabinets for you could definitely pay for all or nearly all of your own reef expenses by building some custom aquarium cabinets that do not contain particle board and use instead just solid hardwoods and lumber core hardwood plywood. I think you would be surprised by all the responses you would receive to just a little advertising. I have never seen mass made aquarium cabinets made out of just solid hardwoods and lumber core hardwood plywood. Not even regular hardwood plywood. The closest I have seen are some made of softwoods such as solid pine and even then the bottom shelf is usually particle board. Great job if your hole reef venture goes so well you will leave a lot of experienced reefers behind you. :mrgreen:

Back