Reef enthusiast
Green monti cap.
greencap4-08-08to11-23-08.jpg

purple and green encrusting monti
greenpurpleencrustingmontigrowth.jpg

ORA Hawkins acropora
ORAHawkinsacrogrowth.jpg

Big difference switching from 15k to 20k bulbs! :Cheers:

I was worried about that green cap a couple months ago, looked like it was bleaching in a few spots. Then it just took off!

Thanks for the great compliments everyone! If you look at the green cap pics, the pic on the left is the same as the indented center of the frag on the right. So, 1.5" across in the left pic, 3.5" across in the right. I can't wait for it to start whorling. Any suggestions on how to encourage that, anyone? My orange cap started doing it on its own.

I've heard that if you turn it up edge ways,its start curling.I've not tryed it,cause I cant seem to have any luck with plate montis.

Thanks all! I'll do this again in a couple months and see how it's going then. Then I'll just have to find someone who wants free frags of all this junk

Free plus shipping as soon as they're a nuisance, overcrowding the others :)
I'm all about sharing, I think aquaculture and home grown corals are the way to go. I don't think I ever want a directly-wild caught coral ever again. Even maricultured ones aren't as hardy as those that have adapted to the swings and mistakes of amateur hobbyists

Ill help you plan it James! Shoot me a PM if youd like I have a great site that we could model the system off from.

Back