Bought 48" JEBO Lighting..NEED ADVICE QUICK

dkonni

Reefing newb
So I just bought a 48" JEBO (I know not the best) lighting setup for my 55 gal.

It's 220W so it should support coral. But I have a question about the Lights that are in it. I purchased it used..The guy I bought it from replaced only 1 white bulb and 1 night bulb-need advice on which to buy.

Right now the WHITE (DAY Lighting are as follows)
-10000K 55W T6
-JEBO 55W 10000K
which one's better?

Right now the NIGHT lighting's as follows
-Actinic T6 55W
-JEBO 55W Blue

I have a tank with 4 different lighting strips..hahhh but which should I keep/replace?

Does anybody know where I could buy the replacements? They are compact fluorescents..4 prongs at end. and each bulb(s) extends half the length of the Hood.

The site that Yote linked to is a good site. I'd recommend them too.

I don't know which bulb is better. I'm not sure what brand the first ones are.

Is this the straight pin or square pins?If I remember correctly straight pins are 55w and square pins are 65w,my memory is kinda cloudy.

The previous owner replace two so why don't you replace the other two.My guess is you will need to replace the JEBO bulbs.Here is one place to order bulbs...

Compact Fluorescent Bulbs & Lamps

correct me if im wrong but i think Jebo is the same company as Odysea i have the 48" odysea T5 fixture and the bulbs that came with it is crap its probably better to put some quality bulbs in their, made a huge difference in my lighting. i guess thats how they sell them soooo cheap they have thier own bulbs that are crap so the extra money spent on new quality bulbs are worth it. just my :twocents::twocents: good luck

Back