Bought 50 lbs of rock

JustinsReefTank

Reefing newb
So I bought fifty pounds of rock from reefrocks.net today. I've been talking with the owner for about a week now. He seems really liget. I hope everything works out. Its all dead rock that I'll seed with my live rock I have in my 6 gallon. I am so ready to set up my 37 now. I finally have finished moving so now time to focus on my tank!!!
The wife is excited and so are the kids. I am supposed to get the rock Wed. I will take pictures of the product as soon as I get it and let you all chime in and gimme your thoughts!!! :mrgreen::bounce:

So heres the rocks I got from ReefRocks.net. They look awesome.
I cant wait:bounce:

Attachments

• special002.jpg
    special002.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,119
  • special003.jpg
    special003.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 901
So heres the rocks I got from ReefRocks.net. They look awesome.
I cant wait:bounce:

How has this stuff worked out for you? I'm looking at buying more rock and reading reviews on the suppliers - these guys seem to be one of the cheapest I've seen so far, is it worth it?

I am picking up my order on today 54lbs rock, said he'd through in a couple of extra base pieces (nice guy). I live in Canada so I have to drive to Minnesota to pick it up. Also getting 80lbs Bahama Aragonite. Very excited it will definately be worth the trip. Can't buy that kind of rock here at the LFS.

Picked up the rock, very happy with it. Gave it a rinse in RO/DI and filled a tub with it as well. Big suprise when I opened the lid of the bin with the rock soaking in there was a bug swimming around in the tub. Never seen one like it around here before. Does anybody know what it could be. Had to kill it alien species and all. sorry for the poor quality phone pics I will post better pics in the future.

Attachments

• rock1.jpg
    rock1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 538
  • rock2.jpg
    rock2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 494
  • bug1.jpg
    bug1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 591
  • bug2.jpg
    bug2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 565
  • bug3.jpg
    bug3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 606
I just bought my 50# of rock so now I'm going to have to QT them so I don't get any bugs. I already have a exterminator coming out because my wife is paranoid that we will have an infestation of something!!! Definitely some of the best prices that I have seen and free shipping in the lower 48!!! I'll have to post pics when they arrive! Only another 200lbs or so to go...

Picked up the rock, very happy with it. Gave it a rinse in RO/DI and filled a tub with it as well. Big suprise when I opened the lid of the bin with the rock soaking in there was a bug swimming around in the tub. Never seen one like it around here before. Does anybody know what it could be. Had to kill it alien species and all. sorry for the poor quality phone pics I will post better pics in the future.

That is what we call an ear wig the crawl in your ear and make you go deaf.

Back