Bought live rock, now I need some ID's please

Ok, so my rock decided to smile for me :D . This was the best photo I could get of the side. Clam mabye:question: It looks like there might be a tube running down the center of it. It runs all the way from, bottom to top. Can't get close enough with the camera to show it.

:frustrat: Almost had my crab!!

Attachments

• Shoehornsideviewopen.jpg
    Shoehornsideviewopen.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 222
:whoopee!:Haha, victory is mine. Crabby is secure in his trap. I have my new peppermint to thank. He showed a little interest in the food and crabby couldn't have that. Thanks Biff:bowdown:, water bottle worked out with minimal modifications.

Last edited:
Yeah, my lfs is really cool. They are going to credit me for the crab and replace the peppermint he ate. I thought that was pretty nice of them.

Thats alot of aptasia! Those are some really nice LR peices you got though! Good find :)
Thank you, I've been really happy with our LR. Yes, even with the Aiptasia (spelling?). Aiptasia X on it's way and peppermints in place.

Thanks for the ID. Anyone have any info on the razor clam. All I get in my searches are razors or clam recipe's,LOL
I'm guessing filter feeder. Haven't researched clams before. Any good reading on them? I feel unprepaired to take on this clam, although excited.:D

:frustrat: Ok, so peppermint shrimp don't seem to be too lucky in this tank. What could be in a rock that is big enough to take out my peppermint?
So, looking around the rock I saw a large brown tube coming out of the rock (it reminded me of the snorkles on a nesaurius snail) It was about 2 inches what I saw. It retracted into the rock with the light. Could this have pulled my poor peppermint and eaten it? It's the only thing I see over in that area. But of course I just found it.
Now i'm worried, I haven't seen my hermit crab since yesterday.

It sounds like it could be a peanut worm... I got one id'ed not that long ago (I couldn't take a picture of it). I'm pretty sure they don't hurt anything.
Kind of like an elephant trunk? Like it retracts into itself instead of pulling straight back into the rock?

Back