Bought me a snowflake eel

jimymac

Reefing newb
I go tomorrow after work to pick it up. Also ordering me a Dwarf Lionfish while I am at the store. I can't wait, good bye Damsels

i love my snowflake, what a personality! just make sure that your rock work is stable, cause mine likes to burrow under stuff and has shifted my rocks around...

She is in the tank. I will get pics Monday when I bring home a digital camera.

The store loves me. I bought today, the eel, a test kit, and a live rock. Of course I got my dog some treats since she did not get to go with me this time.

Have a little problem. This morning he was going nuts, swimming all over the place. I went in to get him some shrimp, came back and placed it in the tank, waqited for a minute and found him on the floor. He got out around the powerhead I guess. I put him back in the tank and covered up the hole around the powerhead, hopefully he does not get back out.

The damsels are still in the tank. Is there a chance they are intimidating him and he is not happy? The only is too big to fit in his mouth. I am just wondering if that is why found a little hole and got out. I know that eels are nortorious for getting out, but normally that is if the tank is wide open, mine had one little hole.

My thoughts exactly. I did a partial water cgange this morning. One damsel gone, two more to go. He seems to be better now. I am going to get the other two out later.

mine gets real active when he's hungry or smells food. other than that, mine has never gotten out, and my tank is definately not a fortress, all the cutouts are missing on the backs of the lids, and i just dont have problems...

oh, i guess i should mention that mine is about 18 inches long too...
hes litteraly longer than the distance from my wrist to my elbow.

Mine seems to be doing better since I did a water change and shut the lights off. Mine is only about 12 inches(you know that thing most men like to call). He is getting more acclimated to the tank and will hopefully be ok by tomorrow.

Picture007.jpg

th_Picture009.jpg

Last edited:
Back