Bought more stuff

xlayedoutx

Reefing newb
Well I figured it was time for a little update. I received my light and skimmer, bought my return pump, a power head, put another one on order and bought a heater. Just a few more peices and it will be ready for water.

lightpic001_640x480.jpg

Do you plan on painting the back of your tank either Blue or Black?

Black really helps the colors stand out. Just a question or something to think about.

Brandon

Nice reef ready,It wouldn't hurt to have two heaters to evenly spread the heat and somewhat have a back up in case one shorts out,nice how much did you pay for the tank :twocents: ?

Yeah its alot. The stand was $500 but that was about the average price of everybody I looked at. The tank takes up the rest of that which is almost $300. Again its a lot seeing as how I found the tank a week later for like $150. I bought it all from my LFS which at the time I would have went somewhere else if I could have found it cheaper but I'm glad I didn't now. Sure it would have been great to save $150 but Since I bought it from him he's been hooking me up with big discounts and giving out some free stuff. Plus the fact that if I ever have a problem with anything he's more then willing to replace or fix the problem. I still buy things online when money's tight but I don't think he would have been as helpful had I bought the tank from someone else. That may be bad business but i'd probably do the same. Then again I try not to think about it much as $150 could have been more things to buy. LOL

Back