Bought the LEDs

Stogey

Rookie
Today went out and bought the marineland reef LEDs. The white and blues look amazing in the water. Only rock and some snails in the tank right now. Can't wait for some
Corals.

Thanks Marco! :) I keep my blues on all night. That's what they are for right? The moon is put all night so I leave my moonlights on all night. Hasn't caused any problems for me.

The description for the system says the blues are for moonlight, I've always run my moonlights 24/7.
Three-mode on/off switch lets you transition manually from daytime (all on), nighttime (lunar only) and all off positions for 24-hour aquarium lighting.

I have a 40 w led system with 2 white led and 14 blues. One for each 50 cm, in a total of four sets ( the tank has 200 cm long x 60 cm hi x 45 cm wide )! I want to know if i can mantain hard corals in it, or i will need to use HQI systems?? Thanks
Fernando

I have a 40 w led system with 2 white led and 14 blues. One for each 50 cm, in a total of four sets ( the tank has 200 cm long x 60 cm hi x 45 cm wide )! I want to know if i can mantain hard corals in it, or i will need to use HQI systems?? Thanks
Fernando

that works out to about 2 Watts per LED. I'm guessing most soft corals would be okay. Do these LED's have optics? If they do, what degree optics to they have? How high are they above the tank, and how deep is the tank? Need a lot more information to really be able to answer your question. But I can tell you that with the right LED's you can keep basically anything in the hobby

I have the same light, I find that my Zoas are all closed up if I leave the blues on all night, but they open pretty quick in the morning when I don't. No idea why it does for some and not for others. Just my $0.02.

Yes, the white leds have lenses, 60 degrees, the tank hav about 50 cm deep and the lights stays about 20 cm over the water! Its temptating cause the electric bills stays low, imagine 3 sets of HQI !!!!
Thanks for the replay!

Im thinking about upgrading to the LED'S are they ok to use with nems and clams that need the strong lighting?? My T5's and MH are due to be changed soon and our electric bill is killing us so I'm looking into the LED's

Im thinking about upgrading to the LED'S are they ok to use with nems and clams that need the strong lighting?? My T5's and MH are due to be changed soon and our electric bill is killing us so I'm looking into the LED's

Yes, I've kept a crocea clam under LED's for almost a year now. Clams and Anemones can be kept under LED's as long as you purchase a decent LED Fixture, or you make one yourself. There are a lot of cheap, low quality fixtures on the market so do your research and ask questions. Investing in a quality LED fixture that is capable of keeping hard corals, clams, and anemones will NOT be cheap up front - though the price has started coming down.

If you want to see photos of the AquaIllumination units, search for Operation Nemo - you'll find photos of my tank there

Back